Humanities Resource Center
The Humanities Resource Center or HRC is a lending library, providing resources for the enrichment of humanities teaching to the territory's teachers and non-profit community groups. Available resource material formats include audio cassettes, VHS video tapes, resource kits, exhibits and lesson plans. The services of the Humanities Resource Center are free of charge.
An additional library of texts is available for perusal. The Council presents several publications that are available for purchase, as well as a list of links to other humanities related web sites and resources.
Borrowing From The Humanities Resource Center
Borrowing materials from the HRC is easy. Each school library has a copy of both our catalogs. If you are a teacher, request the catalog of your choice from the librarian. After reviewing, make your selection(s) and fill out the media request form found in the catalog. Mail or fax request forms to the Humanities Resource Center in care of the Virgin Islands Humanities Council. Additional media request forms are available through the Council. Special listings of resources for teachers of History, Social Studies, English, and Language Arts are also available from the HRC.
A Few Rules
HRC materials are only available for use by Virgin Islands Teachers and not-for-profit groups. The borrower agrees to abide by the following policies:
- Borrower assumes full responsibility for replacement of lost or damaged materials.
- Borrower agrees to pay for the return of materials (postage and insurance).
- Presentations must be free of charge.
- Media materials must not be duplicated or televised.
- A completed program evaluation form must be returned with each item.
- Video and audio tapes must be returned postmarked no later than three days after the program date, or a fine of $3 per every additional day will be charged.
- Exhibits and kits must be returned postmarked within 21 days from the initial date of the presentation or a fine of $3 per every additional day will be charged.